Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Start Your Own Home Decor Business

HOW AND WHY A HOME DECOR BUSINESS

I really believe that to start a successful business you
need to have a passion for what you are doing and the
antiques and home decor business is so true of this.

I have not only been selling antiques and home decor
for over 25 years, but I have also been decorating my
own home with antiques mixed with new. I love what
I do and I love what I sell so it makes it so easy and
fun to have my own business. My look has changed
very little over the years yet it seems to never go out
of style. I really believe the mix of some warm antiques
makes a home have that homey look that so many people try and achieve.

It really doesn't take a lot of money to get a few
antiques that blend well with what you already
have. I have shopped from garage sales, swap
meets, antique auctions and antique stores. You
can start with one piece in a room and then just
add some smalls that are from the same era.
Whether you prefer the primitive turn of the
century look or maybe you will like the 30's 40's
style. With the 30's and 40's you can pick up
a buffet and some chairs from that era and then
add some dishes, pictures etc. to add some
charm from that nostalgic era. You could use
the existing table you have, maybe just add some
paint to the table and leave the chairs the original wood
finish. You can also add a crocheted coverlet
to your table. Doileys and coverlets were so popular during that time.

Below I have taken a picture of one of my cabinets that I have full of antiques and country decor. I found this cabinet at a garage sale for $50.00. Yes it needed work but so worth it! I love to refinish!

Please follow my blog and my posts and I will show you how I got started and how you too can start you own home based Home Decor Business! For fun and profit! It is a true passion and I'm now sharing my success with other folks who also have a passion for Antiques and Home Decor!

Click on the link below to see how to start your own Home Decor Business!













Free counters provided by Andale.





Small Business Blog
Learn practical small business management, and marketing tips from these blog posts on anything related to building a business.

7 comments:

GAME2P.COM said...

Great blog, hope to see more soonv

my blog said...

I have a good collection of antiques and I guess dealing in this business is very profitable and entertaining for me.


online stock broker

megha said...

hope to see you soon



Opaque Tights

Unknown said...

hi,

Very nice to visit your blog and found very interesting. I also have an site http://www.positionclick.com/ bringing together buyers of targeted keyword-based advertising, and suppliers of keyword-referred web traffic in one convenient marketplace.

Thank you

Eric Melin

Anonymous said...

Combine your skills and talents and create business thoughts

Unknown said...

Thanks for the information! It was a great blog!!

http://www.sanssoucie.com/

Unknown said...

Thank for sharing great information with us,Introducing WydrCash Reward Program! Earn 1% Cash Back on Every Purchase made before July 31st. Download the Wydr App Now to Participate and connect with Wydr wholesale on the go